Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Arrival!

Its the first day of summer! (Technically I have been here for 8 days now, but pretending I've arrived today is a much more symbolic way to start off the blog...)

This will be a short post because the city is already wearing me out (apparently I'm a wuss and haven't gotten my big-city-sea-legs back yet...)

A few things that have struck me so far: 
1. The walking! People talk '15 blocks' like its around the corner! And people walk fast. 
2. The walking AND successfully avoiding the dog poo...more challenging than you might think. Especially if you are trying to surreptitiously read a map while walking.  My first night, I put my toe in a nice pile and Emily wouldn't let me in the house without some serious negotiations about scrubbing my toes for a minimum of 10 minutes.....
3. Coffee situation here has definitely improved since I was last here. Not Sydney standards yet, but much better. It now seems to be like a new hobby for people - what is the most unique cafe for me to get my morning coffee at? What is the coolest name i can come up with for my new coffee specialty cafe? 

More to come! If you guys get bored of reading this and don't want alerts of new postings in your email, just let me know. 

x

No comments:

Post a Comment